Downloadable Music Contract Template
Protect yourself with a professional music contract to suit your specific needs. Download a fully customizable music contract template.
This ‘RECORDED VIDEO PERFORMANCE RELEASE’ (“Agreement”) is for the services described below and is made by and entered into between the undersigned Artist(s) (includes accompanying musicians and/or entertainers as described below, hereinafter referred to as “Artist”) and [PRODUCTION COMPANY NAME], the production company who is to provide services (hereinafter referred to as “Production”), and is executed as a binding agreement as of the Effective Date and shall be valid for the
fixed period of [XX MONTHS]
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and other good and valuable consideration considered hereinafter, the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged by the Parties, the Artist and the Production agree as follows:
- Artist hereby grants Production and its agents the right to [Video/Audio] tape [likeness / voice / performances] in connection with the production and distribution of the [Video/Audio] tape presentation “[NAME OF PRESENTATION/PROJECT],” and that said [Video/Audio] tape may be broadcast or otherwise transmitted by Production, its successors or assigns. Artist further agrees that Production may copyright said [Video/Audio] tape.
- Artist agrees that name(s), [likeness / voice(s)] and biographical material may be used in connection with publicity for the audio/video tape presentation named below.
- Artist understands that the recorded material will not be used for commercial gain, but excerpts may be used in compilations or other promotional activities. Artist releases Production, their agents, successors and assigns from further claims or demands arising from the uses of materials recorded in which Artist appears or can be heard.
- This agreement and option shall be considered renewed at the end of the period herein unless Artist receives a written notice with the intent to terminate this contract.
- [OPTIONAL PROVISION; PAYMENT]
(a) No reimbursement or payment shall be made to Artist(s) in relation to the video recording or any subsequent use, in full or in part.
(b) Production shall pay Artist(s) the sum of [enter details of any fixed amount to be paid or detail payment triggers with amounts/percentages and dates]
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
(a) Written Notices – All notices or other communications given or made hereunder shall be in writing and shall be delivered or mailed by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to the Parties at the addresses set forth below.
(b) No Waiver – The waiver or failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided in this agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any other right or remedy to which the party may be entitled.
(c) Governing Law – This Agreement shall be construed and enforced according to the laws of the [STATE/PROVINCE AND COUNTRY] without reference to conflict of law principles, and any dispute under this Agreement must be brought in this venue and no other.
(d) Severability – If any term of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then this Agreement, including all of the remaining terms, will remain in full force and effect as if such invalid or unenforceable term had never been included.
(e) Headings – The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, confirm no rights or obligations in either party, and do not alter any terms of this Agreement.
(f) Entire Agreement – The terms and conditions set forth herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understandings, communications, representations, warranties or previous agreements (whether oral or written) with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. There are no written or oral understandings directly or indirectly related to this Agreement that are not set forth herein. No change or amendment can be made to this Agreement other than in writing and signed and executed by both Parties.
Our music contracts are professionally written and affordable so that anyone in the music industry can be protected in writing. Our downloadable music contracts cover a range of music industry scenarios and requirements and are quick and easy to personalize so you can have it ready in less than an hour.